This is an excerpt from an email that went out to all the Mayoral candidates this morning. So far, we have received confirmation from many of these candidates, that they will participate. Note: We used the emails addresses listed here . You will note that some mayoral candidates do not have an email listed. If you know of an email address for those who have not listed one, please provide it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to ensure everyone has a fair opportunity.
Dear Mayoral candidates:
The Hamiltonian (www.thehamiltonian.net), is conducting an excersize whereby Hamiltonians submit questions that they would like to see answered by the mayoral candidates, through The Hamiltonian.
To that end, we have received a number of questions from Hamiltonians to pose to you. These questions are listed at the end of this email.
What we are asking is the following:
1. If you elect to participate, please answer each question, via email submission.
2. All of your answers will be published verbatim. We will not correct spelling or grammar errors.
3. There is no number of words limitations for your answers. Write as much or as little as you would like. As a guide, you may wish to strive to make your answers concise while not shortchanging yourself in terms of a complete and well thought out answer.
4. Important: The deadline for your completed submission is Friday October 1, 2010 at 4pm. Plain text is preferred (no fancy formatting)
5. Our readership will be alerted to the process.
6. The Hamiltonian does not endorse or counter any candidate running in the municipal election. We are neutral. We operate in a democratic context where free speech is valued. Our focus is to engage Hamiltonians in dialogue with one another on matters concerning our great city. We encourage all Hamiltonians to vote.
Note:The questions have not been listed in this post, but we received 6 questions. All of which have been submiited verbatim.
Email bounces received so far and updates.
Email for Steven Waxman bounced. if anyone knows of a correct email, please advise email@example.com