It has come to our attention that Ryan McGreal has made claims, in your publication, about the Mayor not following council direction in regards to GO and LRT. This is factually incorrect. The City Manager's commitment to LRT was to bring a feasibility report to Council this year, which is the essence of his earlier directive. The Mayor is speaking unanimously for council - as you will see by the report below.
At the February 14, 2011 General Issues Committee, the City Manager
highlighted 2010 accomplishments and set out objectives for 2011. The priority
actions identified within the Senior Management Team 2011 Work Plan reflect
these objectives, address priorities identified by members of Council and address
priorities identified through Council’s 2011 budget process. The actions in the
SMT 2011 Work Plan also align with the City’s Vision, Strategic Plan and
Corporate Priority Plan.
TO: Mayor and Members
General Issues Committee
WARD(S) AFFECTED: CITY WIDE
COMMITTEE DATE: April 11, 2011
Senior Management Team (SMT) 2011 Work Plan (CM11005) (City Wide)
SUBMITTED BY: Chris Murray City Manager
(a) That Appendix A to Report CM11005 titled, “Senior Management Team
(SMT) 2011 Work Plan” be approved.
(b) That staff report back to Council for direction and resource approval where
elements of the SMT 2011 Work Plan require specialized expertise/
consulting, additional resources or costs beyond existing resources
T. McCabe Increase Economic Opportunities for the Downtown and Waterfront
1) Develop “one plan” of action for the downtown and a governance model (bringing together committees, planning tables and groups
working on aspects of downtown re-vitalization, including existing research and studies) to establish a priority set of actions that are
achievable over the next 4 years
2) Accelerate existing actions that revitalize the economic potential and assessment growth of the downtown and waterfront:
○ Aggressively pursue all-day GO Service to a station on James Street North
○ Finalize model for a Development Corporation
○ Finalize the West Harbour Master Recreational Plan
○ Strive to complete OMB negotiations/Hearings regarding the Setting Sail secondary plan
○ Conclude negotiations with the Port Authority for Transfer of Piers 7 and 8 to the City
3) Identify funding sources and complete implementation plan for Randle Reef
Note: The Hamiltonian remains committed to airing all sides of any issue.