Don Hull , Director of Transportation , Public Works Department, who provided the following information:
To The Hamiltonian:
Thank you for your inquiry.
Mr. Murray has asked that I respond as the Transportation Director to your inquiry related to Rapid Transit expenditures.
The City of Hamilton expenditures on LRT have accumulated to approximately $5.1million since 2008.
This includes both capital and operating expenditures.
I provide the following breakdown:
City Capital Expenditures - total $1.9 million included:
* Rapid Transit Feasibility studies for A & B-Line
* Preliminary Assessment of LRT Operations, Preliminary Design Drawings at 15%, Functional planning analysis, Economic Potential study
* Identify development opportunities related to City Lands, Preliminary Maintenance Storage Facility, Implementation & staging strategies, model development
* 3D Simulation and Photo Montage, LRT Detailed Design at 70% for specific sections of the B-Line
City Operating Expenditures - total $3.2 million
* Since 2008, operating expenditures have totaled $3.2 million.
Included in the operating expenditures is all the staffing and resources of the rapid transit office - this includes overseeing all the technical experts and works, the planning, urban design, project management, communications and finance staff and functions as well.
Total staff complement at its maximum = 12.
Yearly Rapid Transit budgets have been submitted to Council for approval, since 2008. All approved budgets are provided on the City of Hamilton website.
Thanks again for inquiry.
Director of Transportation
Public Works Department
City of Hamilton
Thanks to Chris and to Don for providing our readers with this information!