1. Why are you running for Ward 7 Councillor? What are you hoping to achieve by doing so?
1) running because I would like to add a new perspective and I am hoping to create a sense of community within Ward 7, where everyone can participate and feel that they can add their views to the conversation, whatever that conversation may be,, on any issue that might come up.
2. What do you think are the most pressing issues facing the Ward and facing the city as a whole. How would your contributions help to resolve these issues?
One of my objectives is to tend to the well being of the constituents, work for them and bring their concerns to CIty Hall. Often times people do not believe that their voices will be heard and this is something that needs to be changed. One issue is a more visible presence of the Police in our ward's shopping districts. Where we used to have a policing station located in the centre of Concession Street, it has been taken away for whatever reasons and that, according to the merchants and neighbours, has made a big difference in what they see happening on the street. I would like the people of Hamilton to take pride in their city, where they live, work and play. This is our City and we need to take ownership of our neighbourhoods, whether the issue be small or large.
3. What is your current assessment of this installation of City council? Are you satisfied with their performance. What, if anything, might you add to council that would be unique or new?
Young people like myself can bring a new perspective to City Council along with the new councillors that were voted in during the last round of elections. I am sure that together, as well as the more seasoned councillors, we could work for a better Hamilton by making decisions that will benefit all of us. If in the past unpopular decisions have been made, I am sure with continued conversation and brainstorming all the councillors can come together and make decisions that will benefit not only the individual wards but all the citizens of this great city.
4. How can people reach you to ask you about your position on matters or to otherwise engage with you?
People can reach me through my Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/Philip-Bradshaw-for-Ward-7-Councillor-979598868778970/?fref=ts or by phone or email 905 929-6845 and firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Tell us a little about yourself, on a personal note. Your hobbies, likes, dislikes, background etc. Anything that would have people get to know who you are on a more personal basis.
Taking care of my family and putting community first
6. Is there anything else you would like to add?
I love Hamilton! I would like to have the opportunity to put community first in Ward 7.